Ways to cut down on false alarms in Olympia
False alarms are an actual problem for your home’s security. Not only can they be a pain to resolve, but they might even erode the confidence you have in your alarms. Luckily, you are able to do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Olympia sensors and alarms.
First, ensure that all components are installed correctly. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that basic mistakes result in false alarms. For the next step, watch out for likely causes of false alarms, including windows and doors that may be kept open mistakenly. And of course, don't hesitate to integrate the extra features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Olympia.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Olympia could be averted
Just like you would address any problem, the first thing to do is review the owner’s instruction booklet. Be certain that all your components are installed appropriately on your end by:
- Performing a system analysis with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each device to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a new battery.
- Inspect your preset schedules to be certain that your system isn’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Make sure all integrated smart components are configured in the proper fashion and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your service specialist if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Olympia home. They'll be happy to dispatch a tehnician to inspect your system.
Check your entry points
When your configuration seems to be alright, the subsequent step is to thoroughly inspect your residence. Are your entries closed tightly, or do you find some accidentally open? If an entrance is left open, it could trip a sensor. If it just so happens that your clan routinely neglects to secure a door, you might want to incorporate a smart locking mechanism that automatically locks when your home security is activated. Sadly, windows take extra hands-on attention, mainly if you have a family member who enjoys to rest with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it a breeze to turn off that alarm while protecting the rest of the residence.
Home automation is a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Olympia
One of the best methods to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate automation into your alarm system. With your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms that result from absentmindedly opening doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to disarm as your smart lock is initiated with the proper code.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm as you leave the premises, then turn off when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive mobile notifications when your implements notice uncommon activity or need a fresh battery.
- Pair your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you can operate your system without the cell phone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Olympia when you get a Vivint smart home system
Greater command over your alarm system means less chance of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, call (360) 996-1195 or submit the following form.