How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Olympia smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total charge of your Olympia home’s security and automation. See what it can do and explore recommendations to get you started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Olympia?
Wirelessly linking to components through radio wave signals and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also provides convenient remote access and control with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the duties you can execute:
- View current or recorded footage from your linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Olympia by programming schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock when the smoke alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the security system by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Olympia
Despite the fact that multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, tap phone or email and submit the info to deliver an request.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Olympia home security system. Contact (360) 996-1195 to get started.