How does a doorbell camera work in Olympia?
Online purchasing and daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous residents. You love the ease of having goods left right in front of your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels sitting in the open are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a real concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to combat porch pirates, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be a crucial part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Olympia video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of advanced features, and the technology keeps progressing. You can now set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain immediate updates whenever something is dropped off.
The easiest way to understand how a Olympia video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it offers. Consider these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the complete picture, and that should include the faces of visitors on your porch and items on the walkway below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Vivid footage at any hour: What’s the purpose of having a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and difficult to see? Leading models will provide amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can receive instant updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between visitors and packages.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is someone waiting at your main entry? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to ask their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this helpful feature to scare off people loitering around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will allow you to minimize false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Convenient access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the chance to access current and recorded video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you may interact with them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll alert you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s happening, and even let you speak with the person at your door. They’ve become must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.
Request a doorbell camera with your Olympia smart home
Protect your home against package theft and keep an eye on what’s happening in front of your door 24/7 with a Olympia doorbell camera. Vivint’s industry leading models give you all the sought-after features, like active theft deterrents, wide-angle viewing, and package alerts. Contact
(360) 996-1195 today to start customizing your smart home.