Are wireless smart homes in Olympia a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired components connected through a long installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has revolutionized the industry and created a wealth of new possibilities for residents.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Olympia is right for your family? Explore what you need to know about going wireless.
What you should know before going wireless
The core of any wireless network is a sound connection to the internet. Dependable, speedy internet and a high-quality wireless router are the two principal elements you’ll need. If you haven’t updated your router in the last few years, think about doing it now to capitalize on the newest performance enhancements.
If you dwell in a location without reliable high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you could be better suited with a wired setup. Or, if you relocate to a house that is hardwired for home security, it might make sense from a financial standpoint to continue with that configuration.
Internet and electrical outages can happen regardless of where you are located. Taking this into account, find security options with cell and battery backups to keep you connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Olympia?
The primary purpose of any home security system is to defend your family from threats like break-ins and fire. You can do this with wired and wireless systems, but if you want to utilize the most recent advancements, a wireless smart home is your best choice. By installing a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to lock your doors or view real-time clips from your mobile device? A wireless smart home gives you a degree of access you’ve never seen before. You can remotely check or manipulate any system components, such as your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant updates: Not only can you access your system, but it can also get in touch you. If a device is triggered, a notification will be delivered immediately to your mobile device app. You’ll always know when there’s a security event, no matter whether you’re home or away.
● Flexibility and scalability: Dissimilar to wired implements, you can place wireless alternatives practically anywhere. Would you like to have a video camera on your desktop or in your kid’s bedroom? No problem! It’s also easy to incorporate or remove devices from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Olympia have proven reliable and beneficial, there are some potential disadvantages. You might give thought to the following:
● You may need to switch out batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered devices, there’s always the chance of failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will alert you when battery life is depleting and usually last for several years without calling for a fresh battery.
● Placing devices. There may be a limit on how far you may install wireless devices away from the centralized command hub. This isn’t likely to be an issue in the majority of homes, but you need to find out about the limit prior to moving forward.
● Risk of online hacking. In a similar fashion as any other computer network, the threat of hacking exists. But you can greatly minimize this risk by using strong passwords, always updating default settings, and using routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Olympia today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can do by personalizing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll love being able to monitor and control your Olympia security system from any location. Contact (360) 996-1195 to get started.